Wincanton Auctions hold regular auctions which are well attended and heavily advertised, allowing your item a good opportunity to reach thousands of potential buyers and sell for the best price through public bidding.
All Charges will attract VAT
- All charges will attract VAT.
- Wincanton Auctions charge a lotting fee of £1.75 plus VAT per lot and a Seller's Commission of 20% on the sale price (subject to a minimum fee of £2) on each lot. Please note, VAT is only charged on the commission value not the sale price.
- A reserve price may be agreed at the discretion of Wincanton Auctions. Items which fail to reach reserve in one sale, will automatically be sold in the next appropriate sale without reserve unless collected. Please Note: That any estimate is not a reserve price
- We will not normally agree a reserve on large items of furniture and low value items. Alternatively a 5% lotting fee (min £5) may be charged on the reserve price requested.
- Items unsold at auction may be sold by private treaty thereafter at the discretion of Wincanton Auctions subject to a minimum value of their current reserve. If no reserve applies the item may be sold at a price of the Auctioneers discretion.
- Any lots which fail to attract a bid after their second sale must be collected by the end of the following week or will be disposed of or re entered into the next auction without reserve at the Auctioneers discretion. A charge may apply on disposable.
- All portable electrical appliances will have their plugs removed and be sold as ‘antiques’ or be tested for safety (PAT Tested) and a £2.50 charge made per test (pass or fail).
- The porter/auction has absolute discretion to refuse items considered unsuitable for the sale. A full list of items that we cannot accept or should be approved before entry is detailed on our website. If items deemed unsuitable are delivered to the saleroom they may be disposed of without notice and charges may apply.
- Payment is 2 weeks (14 days) after the auction by bank transfer. The Auctioneers will withhold payment on any lot until the purchaser of that lot has settled their account. Vendors collecting proceeds will be asked to prove their identity. It is agreed that the Auctioneers take their charges on completion of the sale and may earn interest on credit balances.
- A seller has the right to remove their items from the auction however if work has been done to catalogue the item a lotting fee of £5 will apply for each item withdrawn.
Right of Title:
The Seller warrants to Wincanton Auctions and to the Buyer that he has and will be able to transfer, good and marketable title.
Why Sell at Auction
Public auctions are a fast and fair way to sell goods because participants bid openly against each other and the item is sold to the bidder who offers to pay the most.
Auctions can be a very valuable way for businesses to quickly release capital from dead stock in storage or demonstrate that a fair market price has been achieved for repossessed or abandoned goods.
The process of selling is transparent, removes the trouble of storing goods, buyer negotiations, viewing appointments and turns unwanted assets into cash, fast.
House Clearances and Estate Sales
Wincanton Auctions are pleased to offer a bespoke service to meet customer requirements including complete, partial home or office clearances with the sale to take place on site or at our own premises as appropriate.
A member of our staff will be only too pleased to visit the property and discuss, free of charge and without obligation the clearance in question. We can help appraise items and ensure that items of significant value that may be overlooked by non-experts aren’t missed.
Any items we consider unsuitable for auction will be appropriately disposed of and we can, if required, clear the whole property on your behalf and leave it clean, making the process as stress free as possible.
One of the tasks of an estate executor is to responsibly dispose of the household goods left behind by a deceased homeowner.
Due to the large inventory of furniture and other goods usually involved, this can often be accomplished most efficiently by an auction house as they are used to handling a wide and diverse range of goods. Also there can be no query as to the sale prices achieved as the auction is open to all and the amounts achieved can be seen to be fair as they are witnessed publicly which may help avoid difficulties from relatives or beneficiaries.
The team at Wincanton Auctions have many years experience of sensitively assisting with Estate Sales and Home and Office clearances. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Liquidation and Stock Clearance Sales
Auctions can be a very valuable way for businesses to demonstrate that a fair market price has been achieved for repossessed or abandoned goods or to clear surplus stock quickly. The process of selling is fast, removes the trouble of storing goods, buyer negotiations and viewing appointments and quickly converts the assets into cash. Wincanton Auctions have experience in acting for Receiver’s and Banks in the liquidation of major companies’ assets and can quickly produce proposals, mobilise onsite teams, produce effective marketing plans and compelling advertising.
Auctions can be held onsite on your own business premises or at the Wincanton Auctions Saleroom.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements for a liquidation sale or stock clearance auction.